Vision Exporter Guide
OpenField to Vision
Before you Begin
Prior to importing any wearable data into Catapult Vision, it is important to note some limitations with the import, and some crucial steps to ensure that your data is imported into Catapult Vision correctly.
- Ensure that all players they are wishing to import into Catapult Vision are Pipped into each period of their session
- Ensure that Gen2 bands are active on your OpenField account
- Ensure that you have done a Full Sync on your OpenField account
- Ensure all devices are mapped correctly to an athlete
- Understand that the efforts being imported into Catapult Vision are labelled assuming the generic bands placed on the users account. Therefore any custom bands or parameters that the user sets on their account cannot yet be ingested into Catapult Vision:
- Vel Band 1: 0.0-1.67
- Vel Band 2: 1.67-4.17
- Vel Band 3: 4.17-5.00
- Vel Band 4: 5.00-5.83
- Vel Band 5: 5.83-6.67
- Vel Band 6: 6.67-15.0
- Accel Band 1: 0.0-2.0
- Accel Band 2: 2.0-4.0
- Accel Band 3: 4.0-10.0
- Decel Band 1: 0.0-2.0
- Decel Band 2: 2.0-4.0
- Decel Band 3: 4.0-10.0
Steps to complete in Openfield:
- Ensure you have ‘Gen2’ Velocity and Acceleration plug-ins applied to your OpenField Account and that you have Velocity and Acceleration Bandings applied to your Athletes in the OpenField Cloud.
Your regional operations team should be able to check the plug-ins applied to your account.
- After downloading data from Catapult devices ensure the user has edited the Activity to begin at the start of the match or training session and performed a ‘Fast Bake’ on the activity (Right click on the Activity Bar in the OpenField Console > Bake Activity > Fast Bake).
- Take note of the Activity Start time (HH:MM:SS)
- Full Sync from the OpenField console to the OpenField Cloud.
Steps to complete in Vision Exporter:
1. Select the appropriate server for your region:
2. Sign in using your OF Log-in Credentials
3. Select the date, activities, periods, and athletes for the session you wish to bring into Catapult Vision:
4. Select your sport specific metrics / algorithms if applicable to the event you are importing:
5. Select the events you wish to import into Catapult Vision. You must set a pre / post roll on each of these efforts. For example, a pre roll of -3 seconds (as per the screenshot below), and a post roll of 3 seconds will bring in a video of 6 seconds in duration, 3 seconds before and 3 seconds after that effort occurred. This goes for the thresholds you set on your efforts too, for example (as per the screenshot below) any IMA efforts below 2.5 will not be imported into Catapult Vision. All events must have at least 1 second of duration to be ingested into Catapult Vision.
Steps to complete in Catapult Vision:
- Open Catapult Vision, load in your video file and any additional tags you wish to use in your project in the “Settings” tab.
- Select the “Tag” tab
- You will notice the option to click “File” in the Apple menu bar at the top of the screen. Scroll down and select “Import”, then select “Tags from CSV”
- Select your downloaded CSV file, and your tags should import into Catapult Vision.
Note: If the tags do not line up with the video, you have the option to offset them so they line up properly after they have been imported.
- To do this, using the playhead, select a known instance on your timeline (a high acceleration, IMA event, a Jump event etc) that you can match up to your video.
- Once on that tag, go to the apple menu bar, and select “Clip”.
- Scroll down to “Bookmark”, and select “Set at Playhead”.
- You will notice a white line appear on your timeline where you have set the bookmark.
- Proceed to scroll forward or back to the point in the video of that known effort (player accelerating, jumping etc), and simply pause the playhead over that effort.
- Go back to your Apple Menu bar and select “Clip”, and scroll down to “Offset Clips Relative to Bookmark...”.
- You will then see the option to move all of your clips, or just those that occur after the playhead either forward or backwards depending on where you have set your playhead.
- All of your efforts should then move on the timeline and be synced up properly.